General Practice Information
RATES AND FEES
Fees and Rates are non-inclusive and subject to change based on contractual agreements. Verification of insurance does not guarantee payment of claims. Benefits are based on policy provisions and payment of policy premiums. If claims are denied, the patient/guarantor will be responsible for all balances accrued. Please see Insurance Information below regarding insurance plans accepted by our providers.
If we are not contracted with your insurance, or you are self-pay, the rates/out-of-pocket fees are as follows:
|Med Management Evaluation||Standard Follow-Up Visit (30 min)||Extended Follow-Up Visit (60 min)|
|Therapy New Patient Evaluation||60-Minute Therapy Session (Standard)||30 or 45-Minute Therapy Session|
|$200||$150||$75 – $100|
Contact your insurance company for information about your mental health benefits as they may be different than your medical benefits.
INSURANCE PLANS MAY VARY BY PROVIDER. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR VERIFICATION PRIOR TO SUBMITTING NEW PATIENT PAPERWORK.
- AETNA (EXCLUDING Aetna Better Health plans)
- ALLSAVERS INSURANCE CO.
- BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD / FLORIDA BLUE
- MEDICARE (due to disability – we do not see patients over age 64)
- MERITAIN (an Aetna Company)
- OXFORD HEALTH
- TRICARE (We are considered Out of Network. Referral/authorization required or Point of Service benefits apply)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE – Except Medicaid and Dual Complete plans
- UNITED MEDICAL RESOURCES (UMR)
WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY MEDICAID PLANS, INCLUDING PLANS THROUGH CMS, AETNA, UNITED HEALTHCARE, AND FLORIDA HEALTHY KIDS.
If you are uninsured, or have insurance but do not intend to file a claim to your carrier for out-of-network benefits, a Good Faith Estimate is available upon request.
- You are expected to arrive for your appointment 5-10 minutes early to complete the check-in process and address any concerns prior to being seen.
- Appointment reminders are a courtesy. If for any reason you do not receive a reminder, you are still responsible for keeping the appointment.
- Please provide 24-hours notice to CANCEL appointments. For Monday appointments (or Tuesday if Monday is a holiday), cancellations must be made by NOON the Friday prior to the appointment to avoid a late-cancellation fee.
- We charge the full cost of your session for all no shows and cancellations with less than 24-hours’ advance notice. This fee is equal to the self-pay rate. If you are utilizing insurance, please note that this fee is our standard self pay rate (see Rates on the About page) and NOT your insurance co-pay amount.
- Appointments are time set aside specifically for you – we do not overbook appointments. When you miss an appointment without providing proper notice another person is prevented from receiving care. Your time is very valued and we will always do our best to have you scheduled on short notice with cancellation slots when/if they become available. We appreciate the opportunity to do that for others as well.
- Late cancellation fee(s) may be waived if we are able to fill your spot with another client.
MESSAGES AND AFTER HOURS CALLS
If you have concerns after hours you may call the office and leave a message that will be checked within 24 hours. For emergency assistance after hours, please contact the United Way Crisis Hotline at (904) 632-0600, dial 9-1-1, or go to your nearest emergency room.
Our office is NOT equipped to handle psychiatric or other medical emergencies. DO NOT come to our office if you feel the situation is dire.
PRESCRIPTION REFILL POLICY
- Refill requests require three (3) business days to process. Please keep track of your medication needs appropriately.
- Refills are NOT processed on weekends or holidays. There is no guarantee that urgent demands for refills will be met within this 3-day window.
- We do not accept refill requests from pharmacies, and all such requests will not be acknowledged. Please ask your pharmacy to take your prescriptions off their auto-refill system.
- Refills can be requested via phone at (904) 638-8164 or by email to email@example.com.
- If you require refills due to missed appointments or lost prescriptions, you will be charged $50 each for prescriptions requiring same-day completion, or $25 each for prescriptions requiring next-day completion. There is no charge for refill requests within the 3-day window.
It is of the utmost importance to us that your experience with Desai Health is a positive one.
Your relationship with your provider is at your discretion and you have the right to seek mental health treatment from any provider with whom you feel comfortable. We are happy to assist you in connecting to the right provider based on your individual treatment needs.
If you have concerns about the quality or nature of the services provided, concerns about our staff, building, or billing procedures, please let your provider, or the office manager, know. Discussing these issues will strengthen our working relationship and in no way harm the quality of services you will receive at our practice. We value your feedback and appreciate the trust you have taken in allowing us to assist you.
Your privacy is important to us and we make every effort to ensure that your health information is protected and confidential. Protected Health Information (PHI) cannot be disclosed without the written consent of the patient or guardian. The law protects the relationship between the client and health care provider except in certain conditions.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which providers are required by law to report to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another, the police and intended victim must be notified/informed.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, the provider will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, the provider will take further measures, without their permission, that are provided by law in order to ensure their safety.
OUR PATIENTS SAY
We value the feedback of our patients and want to hear from you!
I am so impressed by his dedication… It is just rare to find someone that really cares about his patients so much. Super open to hear and work with what you need. BEST IN TOWN
Dr. Desai has been an excellent psychiatrist for me. He is conservative and safe with medications. He is very intelligent and is not in it for the money. He will actually refer you to other doctors or psychiatrists that specialize in your problem if he needs to.
He is an excellent Dr. that listens and cares about his patients. He is the best I have been to and I have gone to at least 10 others. Office staff is also very helpful.